5.07.2008

Wedding Bee Addict

I am so pathetic.

A couple of months ago, Holly introduced me to the ultimate wedding blog, The WeddingBee, which is essentially like 40 wedding blogs in one as different brides from all over the United States write about their weddings. I started reading it like once a week, but then there were so many posts to get through, I started to check more frequently, upping it to every couple of days and I would check whether Miss Shortcake (everyone has foodie/flowery/girlie pseudonyms) had bought a dress or how Miss Lovebug's centerpieces were turning out. And then I got sucked in. I read it every day and then multiple times a day, and now I check more often than my email and I JUST CAN'T MISS A POST. We went out of town for the weekend and the first thing I checked when we got home was- of course- what had been happening at The Bee. And of course, I would give anything to be a Bee!

I have valiantly tried to justify my addiction to myself. "Look at all the great wedding ideas I have gotten from the Bee," which is true but hardly justification for checking it 3 times a day. But I can't give it up because in an odd way, I feel like I know these girls and as a bride I love knowing that someone else UNDERSTANDS how fun (and hard) wedding planning can be.

So for the next months, I fully intend to bask in my short-lived addiction to the Wedding Bee while I still can because I really can't justify it once I am a married lady who no longer needs ideas for place cards. But all this has got me wondering: what DID I used to do on the Internet? I must have looked at SOMETHING, but for the life of me I don't remember much before Bee Land. I hear a rumor that there are newspapers online but I think thats just hogwash.

I think I need a hobby. Does blogging count?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am blog stalking you. So someday, I am going to come and visit you and Casey in Seattle, especially since I am on the mend.