6.25.2009

Before the movie begins....

I adore my husband, because he takes me to see chick flicks on Wednesday nights (“The Proposal” was adorable by the way) but also because we have conversations like this:

Kate: “Sigh, I just love Sandra Bullock.”

Casey. “Meh.”

Kate: “Really? Why not? She’s so cute.”

Casey: “Universal truth: for some inexplicable reason girls all love Sandra Bullock. Guys do not. This also applies to Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan.”

Kate: “But, why? They’re adorable.”

Casey: “Eww, no. They are not cute, Sandra’s definitely had a nose job. Why do you like them?”

Kate: “Because they’re real, ya know? I can relate to them. I could be them. Megan Fox, I can’t be her.”

Casey: “Thank goodness, she looks like a tranny.”

Five seconds later…

Kate: “Who would you have play you in a movie about your life?”

Casey: “Ummm…. Ethan Hawke maybe?”

Kate: “Oh my gosh, you are so much hotter than Ethan Hawke. No.”

Casey: “Not hot, huh?”

Kate: “No. Plus he cheated on his wife.”

Casey: “Who then?”

Kate: “Ryan Reynolds could play you. Both funny, tall… it could work.”

Casey (thinks about it for a second): “That’d be okay. Why, who would you have play you?”

Kate: “Rachel McAdams.”

Casey: “She doesn’t look anything like you!”

Kate: “Yes, she does. She’s white like me and short.”

Casey: “No, she’s blond and tall!”

Kate: “Are we talking about the same person?”

Casey: “I think Natalie Portman would be better.”

Kate: “Eww, no.”

Casey: “Why not?”

Kate: “Because I don’t think she’s all that nice, she kind of has that Ivy League snooty thing going. I couldn’t be friends with her.”

Casey: “You don’t know that! She seems nice…. Is part of your stipulation that they play you be that you could be friends with them?”

Kate: “Yes. Rachel and I could be friends, I’m sure of it. She’d be the type of friend that would totally stick up for you and be a good shopping partner. Natalie and I could never be friends, I mean she’d be nice to your face but then I bet she’d say bitchy things behind your back.”

Casey: “I’m confused.”

Kate: “Oooh, or Anne Hathaway! We could definitely be friends!”

Casey: When does the movie start?”

1 comment:

Chelsea Anne said...

Kate, this made me start laughing out loud! :) I'm glad I was able to finally meet Casey last weekend because I think it makes reading this entry all the more enjoyable. :)